The first edition of the CFE Academy was held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, on the 11th September 2018. Piergiorgio Valente, CFE President, presented a lecture on Tax and Tax Policy in the Twenty First Century, discussing the following topics in detail:
• International Framework – Key Concepts & Tax Governance;
• EU/OECD Latest Initiatives to Counteract BEPS Phenomena;
• Interdependence of Corporate Tax Strategies and Corporate Governance;
• OECD Further Initiatives – The Increased Importance of Transparency within the Tax Framework;
• Cases that Increased BEPS Awareness & Concerns;
• Digital Economy – Tax Policy Developments.
The CFE Academy aims to share knowledge and experience on tax matters while exchanging ideas on practical tax issues. The Academy creates opportunities for tax professionals to be updated on global tax developments through attending seminars and trainings.
The event was organized in partnership with the Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants Association (AOTCA) and took place during the AOTCA Conference 2018.