CFE Tax Advisers Europe (Confédération Fiscale Européenne) is the leading European association of tax advisers, uniting the tax institutes and professional bodies of tax advisers from 24 countries, associated with more than 600,000 individual members with the Global Tax Advisers Platform. We are actively engaged in the technical and policy work of the EU Institutions, the OECD, the UN and other international bodies. We also represent the interests of tax advisers in Europe in taxation and any other matters relevant for the professional activity of our members. Despite having a small team in our Brussels permanent office, we have a good standing with international institutions, in particular the European Commission, due to long-standing technical contributions in the field of taxation. We are closely following and influencing the latest developments in this area.
CFE actively engages with legislators, policy makers and other stakeholders and aim to share our perspective on relevant policy topics and to support and collaborate on key initiatives shaping the future of our profession. Our profession is undergoing fundamental changes, including with respect to technology, and this is a key focus of our policy work in Brussels.
For our office in Brussels, CFE is hiring a Tax Technical Officer who will work alongside the Tax Policy Director and the Tax Policy Analyst in the tax technical team of the CFE Brussels Office, on the tax policy work of CFE. The person would report to Tax Policy Director, and ultimately to the Executive Board of CFE. The person will also work with the Office Manager on relevant issues.
- Monitoring, policy analysis on international and European tax matters & tax advisers’ professional affairs
- Research and policy analysis in the area of EU and international tax law and policy and drafting of statements
- Supporting the work and meetings of the CFE Technical Committees
- Research and editing of tax technical newsletters and other publications
- Assist in the organising of conferences and tax events
- Actively participating in meetings with European and international institutions and stakeholders
We are looking for a flexible team player with good communication skills and cultural sensitivity who is able to respond to the needs and expectations of our Committee members across Europe who volunteer to provide their expertise to CFE.
The person we are looking for should have:
- A university degree in law (taxation or International/ European Union law)
- Work experience in taxation
- Excellent drafting skills
- Proficiency in English: mother tongue or equivalent level
- Proficiency in MS Office work environment
- Potential and desire for long-term career growth
The following would be a distinct advantage:
- Demonstrated experience in EU affairs
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with the EU institutions on policy matters
- Experience in monitoring of legislation, and research/drafting work
- Experience in the professional use of social media
- Familiarity with videoconference and website technologies, or an aptitude to quickly adapt to the use of new technologies
- Ability to speak other official EU languages
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for a full-time position with a contract under Belgian law and a collegial working environment in a small team.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their CV, including salary expectations and possible starting date, by 8 February 8:00 AM CET to the attention of Mr Martin Phelan, CFE Secretary-General, at email@example.com.
Interviews with pre-selected candidates are expected to take place the week of 15 or 22 February 2021.