This year, the West African Union of Tax Institutes (WAUTI) is hosting its 6th International Tax Conference in Dakar, Senegal.
The Conference will be held on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th February 2020 at the King Fahd Palace Hotel, in Dakar. This year, the Conference will cover several technical topics, from domestic revenue to digital economy, all reunited under the main theme of the Conference: ‘‘Domestic Revenue Mobilisation in ECOWAS Countries: Challenges and Prospects’’.
Among the panellists who will intervene and provide their insight during these intense two days, Mr Piergiorgio Valente, President of CFE Tax Advisers Europe, will participate as a Guest Speaker during the Technical Session no. 4, “DRM and the digital economy, the international taxation angle: challenges, inroads and prospects”.
What is WAUTI?
The West African Union of Tax Institutes (WAUTI) has been set up by the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Ghana (CITG) in collaboration with revenue agencies in the West African Region. WAUTI creates a forum for technical and educational development, information sharing and enhancement of Tax Practice and Administration.
WAUTI’s role and mission:
- To develop and enhance Taxation profession in West Africa;
- To promote the development of common technical and educational guidelines, professional ethics and standards in member-bodies;
- To act as a centre for the development and dissemination of information concerning taxation standards and practices in West Africa;
- To provide encouragement for and assistance with the formation and development of national taxation bodies;
- To co-operate with International Tax Directors’ Forum (ITDF), as much as possible, in its programme of activities;
- To collaborate with regional organizations, international bodies and agencies in the development and promotion of the taxation profession within the sub region;
- To provide a forum for the professional development of member-bodies through seminars, symposia, congresses and interchange of ideas and experiences; and
- Generally to do such other things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the Union’s objectives.
If you wish to participate to the Conference or would like to know more about the programme and panellists, please use the links below.