CFE Global Tax Top 10 Issue 1 2019
Please see below Edition 1 of 2019 of CFE’s monthly publication “CFE’s Global Tax Top 10”.
CFE’s Global Tax Top 10 builds on a long-standing tax technical and policy cooperation between CFE, AOTCA (Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants Association and WAUTI (West African Union of Tax Institutes), which are the leading tax professionals’ organisations of the Asian-Oceanic and West African regions.
This monthly publication contains a round-up of international tax policy news of wider relevance for tax advisers.
This month’s edition looks at the following:
• International community makes important progress on the tax challenges of digitalisation;
• US proposed tax plan viewed with caution at the World Economic Forum in Davos;
• Papua New Guinea signs the multilateral BEPS convention;
• China’s revised Individual Income Tax Law comes into full effect;
• Georgia’s new customs code comes into force;
• OECD updates on harmful tax practices;
• Commission welcomes agreement on proposal to facilitate sales of goods and supply of digital content and services in the EU;
• Commission refers Germany to the Court for its failure to align with EU rules on VAT refunds;
• Finland-Portugal Tax Treaty Terminated;
• France Hoping For Deal On EU Digital Tax Soon.